Monday, August 31, 2009

Kailen's First Day of 1st Grade

Here we are again-another school year is under way and my babies are growing up. This day always makes me kind of sad--not only is summer over, but I know that with the start of school, this year is going to fly by and before I know it my kids are another year older and it seems like a blink of an eye, time wise.

For the first time in a long time, school started before Labor Day. Because of the way days fell this year, we will go to school for 2 days and then off for 6 days for the county fair and Labor Day and then back to school. I don't like it at all and not many people I have talked to do either.

This year was exciting for Kailen because she has Krista for her teacher. Not many kids get to spend vacation time with their teacher. The biggest problem is learning to call her Miss Votaw instead of Miss Krista. Kailen loves school and was really looking forward to the first day. Here are a few pictures to capture the memories.

I am sure the days are numbered where she will let me walk her to class and take pictures--but at least I have this one.

Her cubby


Hanging up her backpack


With Miss Votaw



Nervously playing with her hair




Mom--don't embarrass me. She sits at the table with Dawson and Lucas

Kailen had a great first day of first grade. I am grateful that she has a great teacher and even more fun is that my classroom is right next door and I get to poke my head in and join her class when I have time--not many parents can say that. It is going to be a good year!




No comments: