Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Summer Fun

This is a little out of order, but I thought I might show a few "End of Summer" pictures. It was hard to say goodbye to this summer--the weather was perfect and we got to do so many fun things.

We went to Lake Inez with our friend Lynn. She has two cabins up there and the girls and I usually go every summer. Lynn has two boys, so it is fun to hang around the boys for a while. We caught frogs, crawdads, and any other bugs we could find. We went huckleberry picking and had fresh huckleberry pancakes. We went on hikes and even found a fort. One evening we went into Seeley Lake and had supper outside. As we were going back to our car, we ran into a Harley rider on his way to Sturgis. Lynn's boy were immediately drawn to his motorcycle and he was nice enough to let the kids sit on it. Here is both Kailen and Rylee. I might have to worry about Rylee--she looks like a biker girl except for the stuffed Eeyore in her arms!





Stevensville is a town about 20 miles north of us and they have their annual Creamery Picnic. We usually go to the parade and try to go to the picnic, but it is always so crowded that it is no fun at all. We didn't even get kettlecorn this year. But, they also have pony rides at one of the farmer's supply store on our way out of town. Here is the picture of the girls on their pony ride. They look forward to this every year.


We always go to the county fair. We had some friends move into our house while their house was being sold and while they were looking for another house. They had just gotten here when the county fair began so they got to experience it with us. This was the first time we went in the evening. I usually take the girls in the afternoon when all the crazy people are still home, but they come out at night. I told Steve that we were never going to let our girls go to the fair by themselve no matter how old they get. Anyway, Kailen, Rylee, and Piper got to go on some of the carnival rides. They really had fun.



We ended our summer at bible camp's Labor Day camp. This is such a great time to get away from everything and take a deep breath before school starts. We had a great time as always. One afternoon we went on a hike. The next afternoon we went to Chico Hot Springs. Of course, I forgot my camera, but I did have my phone one afternoon when the girls decided to get fudge bars from the canteen. They REALLY enjoyed eating the and getting them all over their face.





We get back from bible camp and school starts the next day. It was a crazy week, but all the kids did great. On Friday, I took Rylee and Piper to the park for a picnic and afterward we went to DQ for ice cream treats to celebrate the end of our first week of school. They were so cute I had to get a picture of them.


Stay tuned--we went on a great hike!

1 comment:

Loree said...

Looks like fun. Rylee is too cute on that bike! Kailen and that fudgecycle - too funny with the stick in her mouth! Nice to see Piper too.