Rylee made a cute turkey hat at preschool. Here is a picture of her modeling it.
When Kailen saw Rylee get her picture taken, she had to take a picture with her pilgrim hat.
This picture was just too cute not to include. They make quite the pair.
We had Thanksgiving with my parents on Thursday. It was very low key--just what we needed. I made rolls that didn't rise and dressing that Steve said was "missing something". But, I did make a cherry pie for the first time that turned out yummy. I guess one for three isn't too bad. We deep fried a smoked turkey--one storebought and one wild. Of course, we ate too much.
I got up Friday morning at 3:30 with the crazy people to get some good deals on shopping. I was at Walmart by 5, but I made a crucial rookie mistake--I got a cart. It took me probably 15 minutes to get from the produce area to the electronics. By the time I got back there, they were already out of the item I wanted. I questioned myself several times about why I was doing this, but all in all it was productive. I just have to remind myself to be patient and know that crowds and long lines are all part of the joy of Black Friday! I was home by 10:00 with most of my Christmas shopping done.
Steve shot another deer Saturday morning. I know it was important to him to get at least one more deer to make sure we have enough meat in the freezer for another year. It isn't even processed, and he is already talking about going out and trying to get another one.
Kailen has her first music concert next Thursday. Stay tuned for pictures and videos from that.
No comments:
Post a Comment