I took the girls to get their hair cut a few weeks ago. I really just planned on getting the ends trimmed, but when Trina looked at Kailen's hair she said it would really look good if we cut it off to the parts that had been growing in since last year. That meant cutting it off short. I told her it was up to Kailen. She asked Kailen and she said she yes. It was quite nerve wracking at first--she put her hair in a pony tail and cut it off--about 8 inches! I was sweating it, but trying not to show Kailen that I was nervous. I am sooooo glad she did it. Her hair is so cute and so easy to take care of. Her bangs are pretty much the same length as the rest of her hair, so we usually put a barret in to keep it out of her face. Every now and again, I can talk her into leaving the front curly, but most of the time she wants it pulled back. She was a little nervous about going to school--afraid her friends would laugh at her, but all she got was many compliments. Many people have told me that it makes her look so grown up--that was certainly not my intention. I think it is mostly because her hair actually has a "style".
Rylee also got about 3-4 inches cut off of her hair. Both of them look very sassy.
These are pictures from our Family Fun Night at school. We had a tailgate party. Steve grilled hot dogs and we had an appearance from Monty--the Griz mascot. For those of you who don't know, Monty is quite the celebrity around these parts--he is the mascot for the University of Montana athletics. He is very crazy and gets the kids pretty fired up. Anyway, here are some pictures we took with Monty.
At church a couple of weeks ago, they had a bunch of apples and a cider press. The girls were having fun watching them make cider--not something they get to see everyday.
I just had to include this picture of Rylee. She is quite the drama queen. This picture portrays her attitude quite well. Makes me really look forward to the teen years!!!!!
I promise to get Halloween pictures posted this week, so check back!
1 comment:
I can't wait to see Kailen's hair in person. Does look cute!
Post a Comment