Anyway, we had a week of celebration. Monday was Rylee's actual birthday, so we woke up early and made her Rainbow Pancakes--silver dollar pancakes with whipped cream and rainbow sprinkles on top. She was excited about that.
We did let her open one gift before the big kids went off to school. She decided to open Kailen's gift. Kailen picked out the gift herself and even wrapped it--she used almost a whole roll of tape! I bet you can't guess what Kailen gave her!!
Then poor Rylee had to wait ALL DAY with her presents staring at her before she could open any more gifts. We had our house guests and Nana and Papo over for dinner and cupcakes. Finally Rylee was able to open her gifts from the family. Here is a video clip of Rylee and Kailen opening their packages from their Grandma BB.
We got a kick out of Rylee because she would open a present and then before she could even see what she got, she moved onto the next present. I think she enjoyed unwrapping the gift the most. After she had finished, she had one more gift behind the couch--a bicycle. Here is a video clip of her trying to figure out the situation.
Well of course we had to go outside right away to try out the new bicycle. This was a well deserved present for Rylee--she has been riding her tricycle all summer long which she really outgrew 2 summers ago. She had some practice on Kailen's bike, so she knew exactly what to do. It was a lot of fun watching her enjoy her new "Big Girl Bicycle". Here is a video clip of that.
We were suppose to celebrate Rylee's birthday at preschool on Tuesday, but since I work that day, I arranged to do it on Thursday. I was going to make the cute cupcake cones, but someone had just brought those the week before. So, I decided to make Rainbow Pancakes for all her preschool friends. I think they ate mostly the whipped cream and sprinkles, but we had fun anyway. She got to wear a birthday crown and have everyone sing to her.
The fun didn't end there. We had another birthday party for Rylee on Saturday. Our neighbors son Cody, has a birthday 4 days after Rylee's. So last year we combined their birthday parties because we would be inviting a lot of the same friends. It worked out real well last year, so this year we decided to have their party at an indoor water park. What a blast. Here are some pictures of the girls and other invited guests having fun.
Lastly, here is a video of everyone singing Happy Birthday to Rylee and blowing out the candles.
So, as you can see, we had a lot of fun all week long. Rylee is still talking about her party. So, we are now heading toward birthday number 5 at breakneck speed. They are going to be teenagers before we know it--pray for us now!
Stay tuned...Kailen got a haircut!
3 comments:
Wow! What a week! It was fun to watch the video of the opening of presents for several reasons - 1. I have never seen your house, so now I know some of what you talk about! 2. listening to all the parents tell their kids to back up just cracked me up! 3. Nice to know other grandparents send the same kind of stuff in boxes as ours!
Love that bear slide! It took 3 people to make that cake? Good thing it looked and tasted great!
I found your blog through Loree's blog. Guess you haven't set it to 'private' yet. :) I'm really enjoying it! Looks like loads of fun over the birthday.
Sorry, one more thing.
The title of your blog is TOO CLEVER! Good Job!
Post a Comment