Sunday, April 26, 2009

Kailen's 6th Birthday

We had Kailen's 6th birthday party at the aquatic center. She had many of her good friends come. As usual, Kristi (my neighbor) and I were up late the night before making her cake. I always seem to not plan enough time for the cake. This time we had trouble just making the layers with box cake mixes. I don't know if it was the brand or the altitude, but they would rise and pour out the sides of the pan while baking and then sink in the middle. We switched to a different brand and they worked fine, but we went through 4 cake mixes before we figured it out. Anyway--decorating the cake went well. We made all the tulips and butterflies by hand with colored fondant. It was a lot of work, but Kailen-and all the other kids--loved it!







The kids all had a great time swimming. We had the pool all to ourselves for the party. We swam for about an hour and then had cake, opened presents, and were done. I also decided to have the party earlier in the day so I didn't have to hear all day long "Is it time, yet?". The day turned out great. I can't believe my baby is 6 years old. Time has gone even faster since she started school full time. I really try to remind myself to enjoy every moment because she is going to be graduating high school and heading off the college in a blink on an eye!





Here is Kailen at school with her ice cream cone cupcake snacks that she got the bring for her birthday celebration at school. Notice the smile with one less tooth.





Happy Birthday, Kailen. We love you!

No comments: