Saturday, April 25, 2009

Nothing Like a Circus

I had a conference to attend over the weekend, so Steve and the girls went to the circus. I had taken the girls to the circus in previous years, but Steve had not gone with us. So I understood how they can really become expensive events if you're not careful. They trick you by giving you free tickets for admission for the kids and then get you inside with all the glowing, sparkling, glittering merchandise (junk) that immediately mesmerizes any kid under the age of 16 (and even those over the age of 16 as you will see) and makes them think they can't live without it. I warned Steve about this--told him that cotton candy should be enough for the girls and not to get suckered into all the other junk. Well as you can see below, the warnings/suggestions did not work. The girls both got cotton candy, along with face painting and an elepant ride. I think they would've gotten more if the intermission would have been longer! Steve said her counldn't resist--I guess I couldn't get onto him too much because the girls couldn't quit talking about their day and neither could Steve. It was a great day they won't soon forget!
















No comments: