Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Kindergarten Graduation

So, they scary thing is I started this blog at the beginning of the school year on the first day of school to document our family. Now, here I am writing about the end of the school year on graduation day. How does that happen?! I am amazed at how quickly the years go by when your kids start school. It is a bit ironic now because as a teacher, I am ready for the school year to end and get started on summer, but it makes me sad that another year has flown by and my children are growing up so fast. Kailen will be a first grader next year! I guess part of my reason for writing this is to remind myself to savor every moment because my kids will be grown and out of the house in a blink of an eye. Before I know it, I will be writing about high school graduation, college graduation, and weddings! Ahhhhhhh! Make it stop!




Kailen had a great kindergarten year. She was so fortunate to have a fabulous teacher who instilled in her a love for learning and school! Looking back, she had so much fun and learned a lot. She is reading and writing and loving it. Her teacher put together a DVD of pictures from the entire year--she set it to the kind of music that makes you cry and played it at graduation--thanks. She gave me a copy of all the pictures she used on the dvd so I could have them for when these kiddos graduate from high school and someone (probably me!) puts together a "through the years" video. So, here is Kailen with her Kindergarten Diploma.

Now we get to officially begin our summer--which looks to be full of fun in the sun! I LOVE Montana summers.

No comments: