Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Texas Road Trip-2nd Stop Denver

Our next stop on our road trip was outside Denver. We were going to stay with a friend that I hadn't seen since we left Texas.


You never really know what you are going to find along the way. The girls needed a break, so we stopped at a rest stop somewhere in Wyoming and this is what we found--a huge memorial statue of Abe Lincoln. So, here are the girls and I with Abe.

Krista wanted some pictures of her and I and the only one available to take the pictures was Kailen. Here she is trying to take a picture of Krista and me AND try to get Abe in the picture as well. I think she did a pretty good job. This started a new obsession for Kailen and she decided she needed a camera of her own.



We made it to Jeni and Trace's house with no problems. They have a beautiful home and family. They have two kids--Jackson and Millie Kate. Jeni and I were pregnant with our first children at the same time. Jack and Kailen are only about 2 weeks apart in age--might make a good couple later in life. The kids had a great time together and I really enjoyed catching up with Jeni. We spent a lot of time comparing our lives now to how they were in Dallas. We both love living in the mountains and living a life with a slower pace.




When we got up the next morning, Trace wanted to show the girls the bird that was living in their door decoration. The girls were fascinated.


Millie Kate is about the cutest little thing I had ever seen. One smile from her and you are hooked!



Here is a picture of all the kids--Jack, Millie Kate, Kailen, and Rylee.


Jeni and I

We had a fabulous time, but we had to be on our way. Our next stop will be dropping Krista off in Oklahoma with the triplets and then the girls and I will move onto my cousins house.

No comments: