Thursday, July 16, 2009

Texas Road Trip-Galveston

We took a day and went to Galveston with some of our good friends--Sherry and Todd. They live about 20 minutes from the beach. This is the girls second trip to the beach. Our first time was October 2006 when Steve's sister got married and we all flew down to Texas for the wedding. We took a day and went to Galveston. I thought the girls would just enjoy walking along the beach picking up sea shells, so I did not bring their swimsuits. Well we started out just taking off their shoes, then their skirts, then their shirts--and yes, we were that TPT family on the beach with our naked kids--underwear only.

Well, I learned my lesson and this time we came prepared to spend a great day playing in the water. This girls had a great time collecting shells and playing in the waves. I think Sherry had a better time taking pictures of our day. I think she took over 2000 pictures and if we put them all together we would have had a video of our day. She got some great pictures as you can see, and with a little help from some picture programs, she made the water look blue instead of brown. Galveston is not the prettiest beaches!

We also found a beautiful crab. It was a good size and had great color. If was a fun day on the beach, but I decided pretty quickly that I am not a beach lover. It is windy, humid, and too sandy for me. You get sand in places sand shouldn't be--it haunts you and you can't get it off without a good shower. Give me the mountains any day!




























Thank you Sherry and Todd for a great day.

No comments: