We moved on from Dallas to College Station--a drive made many times in our lives spent in Texas. The drive was relaxing and nostalgic. College Station, however has changed so much since I grew up there. We lived south of town with the closest civilization being at least 10 miles away. Now--I don't even recognize the area. Everything is moving south. College Station now has at least one of everything. I can remember when the nearest shopping center was the mall in Bryan. I can remember when Post Oak Mall opened and before that the
Culpepper Plaza strip mall. I have to admit, it made me kinda sad, because there doesn't seem to be the small home-town feeling anymore. Even the university is growing! I really loved growing up in College Station as it use to be. I don't know that I would enjoy it so much now.
I still have some great friends that I went to high school with that still live in College Station and are raising their families there. We stayed with
Meleah and David--they have a great home and family--two kids, Lilly and Zane. What neat kids. They all had a great time playing together.

Here are the four of them eating--we ordered from Wings 'n More--one of my favorites!
The girls decided to dress up Zane--what a hoot!
It was so great to hang out with Meleah and David and their kids. I am blessed with so many great friendships from all over. This is one of those relationships that picks ups right where it was left off. Hopefully one day I can get them to come visit us in Montana--although they may never leave if they do!
We left the following afternoon for our road trip destination--Cut & Shoot, Texas where Grandma BB lives. We were anxious to see her.
No comments:
Post a Comment